The Patarol family constructed building in the Sixteenth Century, and the noble Rizzo family, extinct in 1833, inherited it. Before becoming the seat of the 5 Star Grand Hotel Dei Dogi Venice, it hosted a monastery, and the embassies of France and Savoy. The building features the architectural structure of a typical Venetian house. Decorations, brocades and carvings, multicolored marble, fine Venetian stuccoes, lamps – authentic masterpieces from the Master Glass blowers of Murano – triumph in all the environments. At the time of its construction, the Foundation Madonna of the Garden was the only area to be cultivated in all of Venice; so the building was enhanced with an ample garden, a true rarity: the hotel is the only Venetian hotel with a private green area of more than 2000 sq.m. Sinuous paths, trompe l'oeil of rocks, caves and false ruins; fountains with their crystalline streams add to the serenity of this park: an oasis of tranquility and peace to take refuge and recharge the spirit.